Sunday, May 19, 2013

That's me!


My name is Susie Draeger, officially Mary Susan Draeger.  I was born in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, and I lived there for the first 18 years before heading off to study acting at UW Stevens Point. 

After college I went out to Washington, D.C. where I had the privilege of being in my childhood best friend's wedding and then stayed, turning a temp job into an HR career on Ft. Meade, Maryland.

Fast forward to 1998, and I found myself in a sitution where I could move to Florida or California or lose my job.  I opted to lose the job and headed for Minneapolis, MN. 

I figured that I was probably about the age where I would be having grandchildren, and I wanted them to know my parents, who lived in Eau Claire.  Then along came my daughter, Jillian, who lived her life wondering when was the next time we got to see Grandma and Grandpa.

After 10 years in Minneapolis, I was offered a job by a Minnesota company, Globe University; however, the job just happened to be in my hometown.  So here I am again in good ol' Eau Claire!

You know, after living in two highly populated areas, moving back to my hometown, I thought, "Well, if I didn't meet my soulmate out of ALL those people, I probably should just realize that I am meant to be single."  Now, your mama always told you what happens when you stop lookin', right?

And I met him.  On October 24th, 2009, I married Staff Sgt. Rudy Draeger.


Our story is far from over.  Since our marriage, Rudy has completed a degree in IT, and I am about to finish my MBA in September.  Our beautiful Jillian is now thirteen, and everyday with her reminds of us our own journeys as we watch her experience the newness of becoming an adult.

All of us are truly blessed!  And, that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment